· Who wrote the book of Ecclesiastes?
· Who are the two voices within the book?
· Why did we choose this book to go through during Summer?
· How is a Bay Area person similar to “The Teacher” in thought and perspective on life?
The Teacher’s Final Analysis:
The Thesis: All is vanity (everything is meaningless) (v.2)
The Problem: What do people gain from all their toil in this fallen world? (v.3)
· Busywork (looks like change…but nothing really has) (v.4-7)
· You are never satisfied (v.8)
· History keeps repeating itself (v.9)
· No one will remember you (v.11)
So now what?