Listen, Learn, Process. Act.
Understand Biblical Justice! Then, take a simple act of faith!
- Learn more about a local organization, Faith in Action and consider supporting their cause. Help get masks for the people.
- Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity - advocacy toolkit for releasing vulnerable folks in ICE detention. Take action to help free people from ICE
- Have conversations with family and friends about Black Lives Matter and anti-racism, and process together. Be bold in learning together.
- Read books on faith, race, and social justice.
- Support Black-owned restaurants around the Bay Area: https://projects.sfchronicle.com/2020/black-owned-restaurants/
- Donate to and follow local organizations doing direct work to address racial injustice: https://www.surjbayarea.org/community.html
- Follow, learn about, and participate in the Movement for Black Lives: https://m4bl.org/week-of-action/
- Offer to bless a neighbor, a senior or friends who are unable with errands, yard work, a phone call or cook and share a meal with them.
- Project Peace is supporting OIHS Oakland International High School. They are hoping the faith community can help out with some much needed baby supplies.
- Watch an interview with Nikole Lim of Freely in Hope! Nikole knows how to make a difference on Courage 365.
Face Masks for Nursing Homes: Calvin Chen (our CLC high school student) successfully raised funds and exceeded his goal! In total, three thousand dollars were raised and 6,000 face masks were donated directly to Creekside Healthcare Center, Richmond Post-Acute Care, San Pablo Healthcare, and Vale Healthcare Center. When the masks were delivered all the nursing homes were extremely grateful because they are short of masks. Now they can protect the residents and the healthcare workers better.
LHNC: Some generous donations have been made to LHNC in helping with the twice a week grocery bag give-a-way. Don't forget, they'd love crayons and activity books for the kids!
Turning Point: Two home groups have provided meals for the women at CityTeam Oakland's transitional home! Plus, they donated bags of toiletries and shoes!