Listen, Learn, Process. Act.
Understand Biblical Justice! Then, take a simple act of faith!
- Participate in "Refund, Restore & Reimagine Oakland" Monday, 4/19 from 5:00pm - 6:30pm. This is a panel and listening session for the faith community to hear from Oakland faith leaders from impacted communities and Oakland City Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas and District-3 City Council-member Carroll Fife about their vision for public safety in Oakland. RSVP Here: bit.ly/FaithReimagineOakland
- Learn more about a local organization, Faith in Action and consider supporting their cause. Help get masks for the people.
- Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity - advocacy toolkit for releasing vulnerable folks in ICE detention. Take action to help free people from ICE
- Have conversations with family and friends about Black Lives Matter and anti-racism, and process together. Be bold in learning together.
- Read books on faith, race, and social justice.
- Support Black-owned restaurants around the Bay Area: https://projects.sfchronicle.com/2020/black-owned-restaurants/
- Donate to and follow local organizations doing direct work to address racial injustice: https://www.surjbayarea.org
- Follow, learn about, and participate in the Movement for Black Lives: https://m4bl.org/week-of-action/
- Offer to bless a neighbor, a senior or friends who are unable with errands, yard work, a phone call or cook and share a meal with them.
- Project Peace is supporting OIHS Oakland International High School. They are hoping the faith community can help out with some much needed baby supplies.